Watching TV before bed...?
GET READY FOR SOME CRRRRAZY DREAMS...
...IF YOU CAN SLEEP AT ALL, THAT IS!
I was reading this month’s AARP magazine*—
(Side note: I read my grandpa’s subscription and I just love it! It always has practical advice, uplifting stories, and… the occasional Men [over 50] on Fire article!)
It said that in order to get better, more quality sleep:
NO TV BEFORE BED!!
The reason behind this news:
- The light from the TV fools your brain into thinking it’s daytime. Translation: It messes with your head… stimulates your brain (the exact opposite of what you want to be doing near bedtime).
- Also (as noted from my own personal “experiments”)… it’s more likely to give you crazy restless dreams about flying monkeys and killer clowns! Or, as was the case with my dreams last night, a dream in which you are watching TV in only your bra and underwear… your boss and his lovely wife walk into your living room and start talking to you like it’s nothin’ that you’re sitting there half-naked… as you try desperately to cover yourself with a blanket. Ummm… hi Boss…?
- And do I even need to mention the terrible things that will happen to your sex life by having a TV in the bedroom?
Tell me, do you watch TV right before going to bed? Notice any crazy dreams? Ever notice a direct link between what you’d just watched and what you dreamed about that night?
*Other great things I learned from this month’s AARP Magazine:
- Whatever Scares You, Do It. Now.
- Regrets Stink
- Discomfort Leads to Happiness
- Love Is Like a Snow Globe
- my “boyfriend" Viggo Mortensen writes poetry
- Jon Bon Jovi’s real name is John Francis Bongiovi Jr.
- and… How to "Enjoy A Bath Again…Safely and Affordably” ;)
Artwork courtesy of and © Patrick Drayus (my good friend and one of my favorite people in all the universe… website under construction. Here’s his email if you want to tell him how awesome his artwork is).