My grandpa's wallet
TRUE STORY: My 99-year-old grandfather (who, with the help of a driver, still runs his own errands) has four (4) things in his wallet:
- his California I.D.
- his Medicare card
- one credit card (a MasterCard)
- cold-hard cash
What you will not find in his wallet:
- an ATM card (he prefers to enter the bank instead)
- an American Express card
- a Visa Card that gives him airline miles
- a Visa Card that gives him 3% cash-back
- a Visa Card with a 19.92% interest rate
- three-month-old receipts
- old movie and concert ticket stubs
- a Starbucks Card
- a Jamba Juice Card
- a DSW Style Rewards Card
- a Godiva Chocolate Club Card
- three partially stamped “Buy-10-get-1-Free” cards (all for the same store!)
- expired coupons to the GAP, Banana Republic, or JC Penney
- business cards for companies no longer in business
- useless 44¢ stamps (since first-class postage in the U.S. has gone up to 45¢)
- pictures of his adorable grandchildren…. Shocking, I know!
What unnecessary stuff are you carrying around in your wallet or purse all day??